13 June 2007

Another innocent man, kidnapped by the CIA and tortured, tells his story

I hear about these cases all the time. But this time the Italian government served as the CIA's enabler and used Bush-like methods to abduct an innocent man, send him to Egypt for torture, and essentially ruin his life.

According to an article in Le Monde, as translated by Truthout.org, Abu Omar was eventually freed "on the condition that he keep quiet."
"As I left, I saw a document on an officer's desk," he swears. "It was a sheet divided into two parts. The first concerned me. It was written: 'freed, but mustn't open his mouth so as not to embarrass the Italian government;' the second part was a list of a dozen Arabs residing in Italy 'to send to Egypt,' probably the same way I had been sent. That's why I decided to talk."

Several words to the media. A return to prison. An officer explained to him that he "would stay there until he was forgotten."
This is beyond appalling.

Read the complete article: Kidnapped by the CIA - Tortured in Egypt

>> Take action to stop extraordinary renditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment