We expect a decision today, so stay tuned.
Depending on the decision, actions are planned as follows (per the National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty):
-----Fingers crossed for justice. There is no excuse to execute a possibly innocent man.
If Clemency is granted or the execution is temporarily stayed:
- Atlanta: gathering of gratitude at 7pm at Central Presbyterian Church (across the street from the Capitol at (201 Washington St. SW; Atlanta, GA 30303)
- Everywhere: gatherings of gratitude and a call to commit to building the abolition movement are encouraged. Check with your state coalition to see what plans they have.
If clemency is denied:
- We will urge the Board to reconsider, asking everyone to send more emails and faxes to the Board
- Tuesday will be a "Day of Protest"
- People are asked to wear a black armband, with "not in my name!" written on it
- ATLANTA: protest rally at the state capitol 7pm (Washington Street side);
- Everywhere: protests are encouraged. Check with your state coalition.
UPDATE (10:45 AM): The Georgia Board has rejected clemency for Troy Davis. He will die tomorrow at 7:00 pm despite all the evidence that he may be innocent.