Today, March 19, 2013, marks the 10-year anniversary of the US-led invasion of Iraq - a country that played no part in the 9/11 terror attacks, and which posed no detectable threat to us. It was a war based on deceptions.
And what do we have to show for it?
• Saddam Hussein and his two sons are long dead.
• Abu Ghraib is fading from the public memory.
• More than 4,000 American troops lost their lives, and more than 32,000 were wounded.
• Countless innocent Iraqi civilian men, women, and children were killed or maimed.
• More than $800 billion taxpayer dollars were wasted.
• And America lost its moral standing in the world.
Can anyone other than a stubborn neocon truly say that the war was was worth it?