04 November 2008

Vote!

I am going to make this short today, as I want to get to my voting location early.

So all I am going to write today is this brief reminder to please vote, if you have not already done so.

If you do not vote in today's elections, I do not want to hear you complain about the results and the after-effects.

And one more quick (but very important) thing: I want to send out my condolences to Senator Barack Obama and his family on the death late Sunday night of his grandmother, Madelyn Payne Dunham. Mrs. Dunham died peacefully after a battle with cancer. She was 86.

Fortunately, Senator Obama was able to visit her last month. But, sadly, she was not able to hang on long enough to see her beloved grandson become President of the United States.

Hopefully the rest of us will.

So get out there and vote, no matter how long you must wait in line. Do it for Obama's grandma. Do it for this nation. Do it for the world. Do it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment