06 January 2009

Obama's CIA chief and my fantasy appointment

Yesterday we learned that Barack Obama has chosen former Clinton aide Leon Panetta to head the CIA.

Senator Dianne Feinstein (who will be chairing the Senate Intelligence Committee) and others have been criticizing the choice, due mostly to Panetta's lack of direct experience in intelligence.

Others disagree.

I am no intelligence expert, so I will withhold judgment. I'm sure Obama put a great deal of thought into his selection.

But, in the back of my mind, I had my own fantasy about the appointment. I dreamt that Obama appointed Joe Wilson or Valerie Plame Wilson to head up the CIA.

What beautiful irony that would be.

And, any humor aside, either one would probably be a fine choice for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment