14 January 2009

Ohio runs out of unemployment funds

If I were jobless in Ohio these days, I'd be nervous. The state has run out of funds for unemployment compensation.

Fortunately, however, Columbus Business First reports that Ohio's unemployed will not see an interruption in their benefits. Ohio will be tapping a federal loan to cover the benefits.

And that is only fair.

If Washington is going to spend my tax dollars to bail out the Wall Street billionaires, they should also bail out the jobless folks who need to work for a living but can't in this horrible economy.

But that's not the end of the story. I think this is just another alarming detail -- another symptom -- in an economic crisis that may be even bigger, wider, and deeper than we thought.

And it's those of us who need to work for a living who will suffer for it.

The Bush family, Alan Greenspan, and Hank Paulson will be just fine.

God bless America.

2 comments:

  1. As A resident of Ohio, I am reminded of the economy everyday. Our Cities and Towns are suffering for "Salt", due to the "Lack Of", and "soring cost" for the snow removal of our roads. The auto industry is laying off at an enormous rate (My son in law works for GM, small business owners are cutting back, along with our Public Utilities scaling back also. Naturraly- these layoffs, and the loss of jobs with little benefits is happening during our harshest time--The Winter! "Hope and Change"--it better come quick, however I will not hold my breathe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only pray for a better tomorrow and hope for this recession nightmare to be over soon. I would be just as nervous as you if I were residing there.But if you're worried about unemployment, have a look at websites like http://www.jobstaxi.com - if you're a skeptic, trust me i think the numbers on job opportunity will get better now that Obama is in charge.

    ReplyDelete