10 February 2009

The GOP's filibuster hypocrisy

I find it ironic. And, of course, hypocritical.

Just a few years ago, when the Republicans were in the majority in Congress, they threatened to use the "nuclear option" to do away with the filibuster option, to prevent the Senate Dems from blocking confirmation of Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court.

But, now that they want to block President Obama's economic stimulus bill that will create jobs for the American workers, the Republicans seem to think that a filibuster is a great idea.

I was planning to write about this issue in more depth. Then, while doing my research, I discovered that Robert Parry had already done so -- in a very good piece published yesterday at Consortiumnews.com. So I'll turn the soapbox over to him. Check it out: The GOP's Filibuster Hypocrisy

No comments:

Post a Comment