10 August 2010

Rewarding Bush's poodle

Here on my desk is an invitation from the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia for this year's Liberty Medal ceremony on September 13. I think I will pass.

This year's recipient is former British Prime Minister Tony Blair. The invitation says that he is being honored "for his steadfast commitment to conflict resolution."

What???!!!

While Blair did do some good things in his early days in office, particularly in Northern Ireland, things changed once he jumped into bed with George W. Bush. And so the Liberty Medal will be awarded to the same Tony Blair who so steadfastly supported Bush's unnecessary war of aggression in Iraq.

And he will be recognized for conflict resolution!

I am going to stop here because I am speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment