16 September 2010

More fun with critics

It appears that the website Information Clearing House has republished my recent article "Nine Years After 9/11, Has al-Qaeda Finally Won?"

I found out when a friend emailed me about an amusing comment that someone posted there in response to the piece.

Here is the text of the comment:
Mary Shaw....I'm sorry to tell you, but you are a dolt...and did not deserve to be published here.
You also confirm my observation that the best articles and written works tend be be produced by males...there are exceptions, but you are not one of them to be sure...
This piece sullies the dignity of those that have been published here and very undeservedly....
Shame on whomever decided to include this cheap tripe.
Apparently this charming commenter disagrees with one or more of the points I made in my article.

But, of course, given his lack of any kind of point-by-point rebuttal, I cannot begin to guess which one(s).

I can only shake my head, sigh, and hope he soon finds some answers to whatever personal issues are leading him to lash out with name calling and sexism rather than with facts, logic, or any other evidence of real thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment