17 December 2010

Wishing I could afford all the charities

It's that time of year again. It seems like every nonprofit organization in the world is emailing me and asking for year-end donations.

I wish I could afford to support all of the ones that do good work.

Unfortunately, I do not have a lot of money. I scrape just to support myself. Therefore, each year I must pick and choose just a handful of organizations that will get a small donation.

This year it's the following:

American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)

Amnesty International USA (AIUSA)

Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG), Philadelphia Chapter

I wish I could do more. If I could, I would also send money to:

Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR)

Doctors Without Borders (MSF)

Human Rights Watch (HRW)

Human Rights First (HRF)

Reporters Without Borders (RSF)

... and so many more.

If you can afford to, please support some of these important organizations yourself. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment