21 October 2008

Family values this time around

Over the past several election cycles, the Republicans have stressed family values. And the meaning of family values has necessarily gotten twisted in the process.

But to see what family values truly are, take a look at Barack Obama. With only two weeks to go until election day, Obama has decided to take a few days off from the campaign trail to visit his grandmother in Hawaii, because she is very ill.

That, dear reader, is what family values are all about.

On the other hand, we have John McCain, who called his wife the C-word.

OK, now that I have that out of my system, my thoughts go out to Obama's grandmother, Madelyn Payne Dunham. I hope she can hang in there long enough to see her grandson's inauguration -- and well beyond.

I hope we all can.

No comments:

Post a Comment