15 October 2008

Michael Savage: "All terrorists happen to be Muslim"

The media watchdog group Media Matters for America reports on the October 9 broadcast of Michael Savage's syndicated radio show:
On the October 9 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Michael Savage said that "not all Muslims are terrorists," then falsely asserted that "all terrorists happen to be Muslim." Savage stated: "I am a believer in all five of the world's religions. As long as they're peace-loving and are pro-American, as far as I'm concerned, all religions are equal." He continued, "However, when you consider the fact that not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists happen to be Muslim and that the 19 hijackers who destroyed the Twin Towers and the Pentagon were Muslim, mainly from Saudi Arabia, we have a very real obligation to remember that."
So there you go. According to Savage, all terrorists happen to be Muslim.

So Timothy McVeigh was a Muslim? I don't think so.

Eric Rudolph was a Muslim? I don't think so.

Ted Kaczynski was a Muslim? I don't think so.

Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris were Muslims? I don't think so.

Et cetera.

This reminds me of a story told to me by a fellow activist in the race relations arena:

He was in line at airport security. Ahead of him in line was a big, loud Texan, with a big hat, a big belt buckle, and the whole getup. The belt buckle triggered the buzzer. He removed the belt, and then some other adornment triggered the buzzer.

After about five minutes of this, the Texan started to lose his patience. He asked the security guard -- who happened to be middle eastern -- to give him a break. After all, he said, "What do I look like? Some middle eastern terrorist?"

"No," answered the security guard. "Tim McVeigh's cousin."

2 comments:

  1. Eric Rudolph is not a terrorist, but an anti-terrorist fighter. Those who have killed babykilling abortionists have done so to protect the innocent. People use force everyday to protect the innocent and no one has a problem with it, except when it comes to protecting unborn human beings, then they go ballistic. It's very simple, the unborn deserve the same protection as the born. Born people are protected with force quite often. Force that you would be glad if it was to protect your children against a murderer. Force that you yourself might use to protect your own children from being murdered. The unborn deserve the same protection.
    SAY THIS PRAYER: Dear Jesus, I am a sinner and am headed to eternal hell because of my sins. I believe you died on the cross to take away my sins and to take me to heaven. Jesus, I ask you now to come into my heart and take away my sins and give me eternal life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrorist by definition - One who engages in acts of terrorism or violence against civilians as a means of political intimidation.

    By this definition, Eric Rudolph is a terrorist, regardless of the object of his violence. Terror is terror, regardless how you slice or or how much you want to justify it.

    The comments of Michael Savage and those like him clearly indicate that the US has come as far as some might like to believe with ethnic and religious tolerance. Bigotry and racism are alive and well in America! The fact that we vilify entire populations based on their creed or the color of their skin, and that hate speech and attitudes is still condoned and applauded...or masked as patriotism!

    ReplyDelete