05 June 2006

Everyone must see "An Inconvenient Truth"

"An Inconvenient Truth", Al Gore's new film about global warming, came to Philadelphia this weekend. So, of course, I saw it.

My first thought as I watched the film: Wow, this global warming thing is even worse than I thought.

My second thought: Everyone must see this. Everyone in the world, but especially everyone here in the U.S.

If you haven't seen it yet, please see it immediately. And take all your friends and family members with you, especially those who have been listening to (and believing) the right-wing naysayers. Also take anyone who drives a vehicle that gets less than 25 miles per gallon. No, make it 30.

Click here to go to the film's official website and view the impressive trailer, check for show times, etc.

If this groundbreaking film is not yet scheduled to come to your town, please visit your local theater managers and urge them to show this film.

Global warming is about the future of this planet. The relatively near-term future, actually. This is urgent, folks.

It is not a Democratic issue nor a Republican issue. It should not be a political issue at all.

It's a family values issue. It's a human rights issue. It's a life-and-death issue.

1 comment:

  1. I too saw this past weekend. Awesome film. Great science backup. Unsettling. I had sent emails to most everyone in my address book to encourage them to go see it, soon.
    Plus I enjoyed the song at the end "I need to wake up".

    And I agree, it is hugely important to get people to see, and then take responsible action to do what we all can. I chatted with the theater staff about the film and attendance, he said that it had been pretty full at all the showings. I suggested that they should continue to show the film forever, or until we fix the global warming problem.

    I understand that first week or two help determine how much push the distributor gives. As well, they are donating 5% of proceeds to ALLIANCE FOR CLIMATE PROTECTION.

    I just noticed that Roger Ebert gave it a high rating and said "...You owe it to yourself to see this film. If you do not, and you have grandchildren, you should explain to them why you decided not to.”

    Thanks for your posts.

    ReplyDelete