19 October 2006

Analyzing Bush and his Military Commissions Act

I keep pinching myself, hoping that I'll wake up and learn that the last five years were just a dream. So far, no luck.

Until that happens, I will continue to write about the ever-growing Constitutional crisis in this country, and share other people's writings on the subject.

The latest setback for human rights and the rule of law, of course, is the Military Commissions Act, which George W. Bush signed into law on Tuesday. Bush's comments upon signing the Act were almost as disturbing as the Act itself. I wonder if he actually believes his own twisted, distorted version of reality.

Matthew Rothschild, editor of The Progressive, has done a pretty good job of analyzing Bush's comments from Tuesday. Check it out: Bush Betrays Democracy and Truth in Signing Military Commissions Act

And, if you don't believe what Rothschild is saying, I again present this press release from the human rights experts at Amnesty International, to back it up: Amnesty International Profoundly Disappointed By Congress' Passage of Detainee Legislation

No comments:

Post a Comment